The focus of this course is on utilization of researches for evidence-based plans in nursing administration. This will provide an opportunity for scholarly work and application of theory. The course output should have relevance and make a contribution to the fields of nursing, health care administration, or nursing education.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Conceptualize the research process;
- Conduct an extensive literature review;
- Critically evaluate published research studies; and
- Develop an evidence-based plan suitable for future implementation.
Course Delivery and Materials
The learning package includes print modules. There are face-to-face study sessions as well as online discussions.
- Forum discussions
- Literature review paper
- Two critiques of published research articles
- Evidence-based plan in workplace
A graduate of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
The course covers the following topics:
|Unit I. Concepts in Nursing Research Process
- Problem Identification
- Review of Related Literature and Studies
- Definition and Purpose
- How to do a Literature Review
- Research Design
- Sampling Design
- Statistical Treatments
- Data Analysis
- Summary, Conclusion, Recommendations
|Unit II. Critiquing Published Research Studies
- Guide to Critiquing Research
- Information Management and Technology
|Unit III. Using Evidence to Guide Nursing Practice
- Evidence-based Nursing Practice
- Research Ethics
Interested participants may register online using the Online Sign-up form, or visit the Faculty of Management and Development Studies, UPOU HQ, Los Baños, Laguna. Details of course offering will be emailed a month before the start of class. (This includes the admission form with the assessment of fees and payment procedures.)
Schedule of Course Offerings
For inquiries, please email FMDS @
or call us at (049) 536-6010.