Associate Professor 4
Faculty of Management and Development Studies
UP Open University
Phone : (6349) 536-6001 to 536-6006 loc. 821
Telefax: (6349) 536-6010
UP Open University Headquarters
Los Banos, Laguna
Faculty of Management and Development Studies
UP Open University
4031 Los Banos, Laguna, Philippines
Consuelo dL. Habito is an Assistant Professor of the Faculty of Management and Development Studies in the UP Open University. She finished her Bachelor of Science in Zoology and Master of Science in Zoology (minor Entomology) at the University of the Philippines Los Banos. She obtained her Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering (Geomatics) from the University of Melbourne in Melbourne, Australia in 2003.
Her research interests include solid waste segregation and recycling in condominiums as well as making data collection more fun by using an iPad survey application.
Consuelo dL. Habito welcomes media inquiries on the following:
ecosystems structure and dynamics
coastal zone management
Research and Publication
- UPOU Faculty Grant, “Wood Carving Tradition of the Indigenous Peoples of Palawan, Philippines.” 16 December 2014 - 15 December 2015.
- UP OU Faculty Grant (with Anthea V. Mariano) , November 2011- October 2012, Solid Waste Segregation and Recycling in Condominiums: The Case of Bonifacio Heights Residences Condominium Corporation, Taguig City.
- Co-study leader (with Dr. Vivian Grageda) "Biodiversity of Thermal Hotsprings: Zooplankton and Benthos, (Co-Study leader) July 1 2006 to June 30, 2007, UPLB Basic Research.
- Study Leader, Resource and Environmental Assessment of Ragay Gulf, BFAR-FRMP, UPLB FI, March 28, 2005-February 2006.
- Co-study leader (with Dr. Roberto Reyes and Nilda Ubaldo), Biodiversity, Reproductive Biology and Culture of Local Freshwater Halfbeaks, Jan 2002 to December 2004, (Taxonomy and Ecology).
- Baseline Study on Environmental Management Bureau Region Offices for JICA-EMB Capacity Building Project on Water Quality Management. Japan International Cooperating Agency (JICA), May 2004.
- Study Leader, “Multi-Objective Model for the Renaturation of Over-exploited Lake Ecosystems: The Case of Taal Lake. DA-BAR. July 16, 2002 to December 31, 2002.
- Study Leader, “Limnological Assessment of Taal Lake Study 2. Impact of Fishery Exploitation and Aquaculture” Philippine Council for Aquatic and Marine Research and Development (PCAMRD), October 1990-December 1991.
- Study Leader, Effect of Pesticide Use on Zooplankton and Insects in Rice Agro-ecosystems (Phase 1) Rockefeller Foundation and the International Rice Research Institute, January 1989-December 1990.
- Study Leader, Assessment of Secondary Productivity of Taal Lake, Batangas, Philippines, Institute of Biological Sciences Research Grant, January 1989-December 1990.
- Study Leader, Food Composition Analysis of the Different Stages of Harengula tawilis Herre, Office of the Chancellor – Special Projects, University of the Philippines Los Baños, College, Laguna, January - December 1987.
- Study Leader, Taxonomy of Mat-forming Organisms of Laguna de Bay, Office of the Chancellor – Special Projects, University of the Philippines Los Baños, College, Laguna, July 1986-August 1987.
- Study Leader, Fishes of Taal Lake, Office of the Chancellor-Special Projects, University of the Philippines Los Baños, College, Laguna, July-December 1986.
- Solar Lighting: Solar-powered LED Street Lights at UP Open University.
Tejada, A.W., L.M. Varca, S.M.F. Calumpang, P.P. Ocampo, M.B. Medina, C.M., Bajet, E.B. Paningbatan, J.M. Medina, V.P. Husto, C.Dl. Habito, M.R. Martinez, and E.D. Magallona. 1995. “Assessment of the environmental impact of pesticides in paddy rice production.” P. Pingali and P.A.Roger (eds.) pp. 149-180. In Impact of Pesticides on Farmer’s Health and Rice Environment. Kluvers Academic Publication USA 664 pages.
Consuelo Dl. Habito, Anthea V. Mariano and Inocencio E. Buot Jr. “Wood Connections: Creating Spaces and Possibilities for Wood Carvers in the Philippines” International Conference on ASEAN Studies – Inner and Outer Look of Southeast Asia in 2015: Championing ASEAN Community. Conference Proceedings : Social and Cultural Issues in ASEAN ISBN Number: 978-602-71482-1-5.
Consuelo Dl. Habito and Anthea Mariano (2013) “Making data collection more fun using an iPad survey application” Philippine eLearning Society Journal 4 (1): 34-44. ISSN 2094-781x http://elearning.ph/
National daily/magazine/print media
Virginia C. Cuevas and Consuelo Dl. Habito “The Philippines : A Site of Mega Diversity and A Hot Spot for Conservation,” June 16-30, 2006, Living News & Good Education, Regina Publishing Company, Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila
Rita P. Laude and Consuelo Dl. Habito “The Promise of Stem Cells,” July 16-31, 2006, Living News & Good Education, Regina Publishing Company, Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila.
Consuelo Dl. Habito “What is in a name?” Aug 16-31 2006, Living News & Good Education, Regina Publishing Company, Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila.
Consuelo Dl. Habito “Ice Age and the Biogeographical Regions of the Philippines,” Sept. 16-30, 2006, Living News & Good Education, Regina Publishing Company, Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila.
Consuelo Dl. Habito, “Speciation Processes in the Philippines,” Oct 16-31. 2006 Living News & Good Education, Regina Publishing Company, Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila.
Consuelo Dl. Habito, “Red Tide and Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning (PSP), Nov 16-30 2006 Living News & Good Education, Regina Publishing Company, Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila.
PC Payawal, R.P. Laude, VC. Cuevas and CD Habito, editors. 2005. Biology, A High School Biology Textbook. Academe Publishing House, 636 pages.
Editor, Non-refereed Edited Book for High Schools
- Payawal. P.C., Cuevas, V.C., Habito, C.dL., & Laude, R.P. Editors (2006). Science Impact Biology. Marikina City, Metro Manila: Academe Publishing House, Inc. 672 p.
- Habito, C.dL., Cuevas, V.C., , & Laude, R.P. editors(2008). Science Impact Biology Teacher’s Guide. Marikina City, Metro Manila: Academe Publishing House, Inc.
Reviewer/Evaluator , Non-ISI Journal of Environmental Management (JESAM) Vol. 10 No. 1., SESAM, UPLB – reviewed three articles on ornamental fish
- Exotic aquatic species introduction in the Philippines for aquaculture – a threat to biodiversity or a boon to the economy? by Arsenia G. Cagauan
- Red-bellied Pacu in the Philippines by Arsenia G. Cagauan
- Decline of Small and Native Fish Species (sns) in Mount Isarog Natural Park: Impacts of Illegal Fishing and Introduced Exotic Species by Raul Bradecina
Developed teaching and training materials
- Zoology 1 General Zoology Laboratory Manual, UP Los Banos illustrator
- Zoology 3 Intermediate Zoology Laboratory Manual, UP Los Banos
- Zoology 11 General Zoology Laboratory Manual UP Los Banos (sole author)
- Zoology 140 Animal Taxonomy Laboratory Manual (sole author) UP Los Banos
- Zoology 140 Animal Taxonomy Revised Laboratory Manual (co-author, ER De Chavez and JC Gonzales), UP Los Banos
- Using Endnote, October 25, 1999, UP Los Banos
- Surfing the Net and Sending E-mail, October 26, 1999, UP Los Banos