News and Events
FMDS-UPOU Faculty Receives Prestigious Global Award in Health Promotion
Dr. Don Eliseo Lucero-Prisno III, a Senior Lecturer with the University of the Philippines Open University received the prestigious Global Award in Health Promotion Practice from the International Union for Health Promotion and Education (IUHPE), the Rockefeller Foundation and the ThaiHealth Foundation in Pattaya, Thailand during the 21st IUHPE World Conference on Health Promotion.
Dr. Lucero-Prisno who teaches in the Diploma/Master in International Health program of the Faculty of Management and Development Studies is the first Filipino and youngest laureate in the history of this award given every three years. He was chosen from many high profile nominees from all over the world by reputable international panel of experts in health promotion headed by Professor Vivian Lin of the World Health Organization who admitted to have a very tough task in choosing the three global laureates. The recognition of Dr. Lucero-Prisno is based on his outstanding work in gathering evidence and translating research to policy, advocacy and actions in the global maritime industry thus benefiting the occupational group of 1.5 million international seafarers, a big percentage of which come from the Philippines.
FMDS and SEARCA jointly offer the online course on Responding to Climate Risks in Agriculture and Natural Resources Management (RCRANRM)
The Faculty of Management and Development Studies (FMDS), UP Open University and the Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) jointly offer the online course on Responding to Climate Risks in Agriculture and Natural Resource Management (RCRCRANRM).
FMDS Alumnus Published Nine Articles in Different Journals
Emerson Sy, an alumnus of the Faculty of Management and Development Studies (FMDS), had published nine articles as author or co -author in different journals and publications, eight of which in a span of three years.
FMDS Comprehensive Examination Dates (1st semester 2018-2019)
Diploma in Social Work
- Human Behavior & Social Environment Social Welfare Policies and Research ( October 8, 2018)
- Social Work Profession and Practice Social Agency , Leadership and Management ( October 10, 2018 )
Master of Social Work
- Human Behavior & Social Environment Social Welfare Policies and Research (October 8, 2018)
- Social Work Profession and Practice Social Agency, Leadership and Management (October 10, 2018 )
- Area of Specialization ( October 12, 2018)
Master of Environment and Natural Resources Management
- General Field (October 19, 2018)
- Major Field (October 20, 2018)
Master of Public Management
- General Field (November 12, 2018)
- Public Policy and Program Administration (Novermber 14 , 2018)
- Local Government and Regional Administration (LGRA) and Voluntary Sector Management (VSM) (November 16, 2018)
Master of Arts in Nursing
- Content (January 10, 2019 )
- Methodology (January 12 , 2019)
Master of ASEAN Studies (January 11, 2019)