News and Events
FMDS holds 6th Let’s Talk It Over on Understanding the Environment Better
The Faculty of Management and Development Studies (FMDS) held the 6th Let’s Talk It Over on Understanding the Environment Better last 05 March 2013 at the UPOU Audio Visual Room.
It was attended by visiting students from Chiba University-Japan, UPLB graduate students and FMDS faculty and staff.
The topics presented were:
- Japanese Culture in Biodiversity Conservation by Kaori Ibushi, Akemi Okita, Fumie Hongei, Yuko Omachi and Kanami Yoshino;
- Black Shama: Its Contribution to the Ecosystem by Archiebal Baltazar Malaki;
- Valuing Biodiversity: Ecological Approach by Hari Sulistiyowati.
MPM Graduating Student Third in the CES Written Exam Passers
Ermin V. Lucino, a graduating student of the Master of Public Management (MPM) of the Faculty of Management and Development Studies (FMDS), UP Open University, is the third on the top of the list who took the 2 June 2013 Career Executive Service Board examination. He got a rating of 87.69% in the written exam.
Mr. Lucino is the Planning Officer IV of the Santa Rosa City Planning and Development Office.
He and the rest of the board passers are now qualified to take the second examination stage at the Assessment Center (AC), a series of simulation exercises that involve work-based situations designed to measure the examinees’ managerial capability and responsibilities.
Three hundred ninety eight (398) officials from the different government and private agencies took the written exam. Of this, 122 (or 30.6 percent) passed the exam.
The complete list of written exam passers can be viewed at
FMDS joined the UPOU Research Workshop
FMDS took part in the recently concluded UPOU Research Workshop held last June 6, 2013 at the AVR, UPOU Headquarters, Los Banos, Laguna.
The workshop participants talked about the issues on advancing research productivity in UPOU, shared research interests and achievements, and created research teams based on areas of interests. Dr. Grace Javier Alfonso, UPOU Chancellor, opened the workshop. She encouraged the participants to continue creating a culture of research in the workplace.
Dr. Inocencio Buot, Jr., Dean of the Faculty of Management and Development Studies, shared his experiences in research and academic publishing. He expounded on the qualities of peer-reviewed research papers and the relevance of publishing. Furthermore, he noted that research should address disciplinal and societal problems.
FMDS Comprehensive Examination Dates (1st semester 2018-2019)
Diploma in Social Work
- Human Behavior & Social Environment Social Welfare Policies and Research ( October 8, 2018)
- Social Work Profession and Practice Social Agency , Leadership and Management ( October 10, 2018 )
Master of Social Work
- Human Behavior & Social Environment Social Welfare Policies and Research (October 8, 2018)
- Social Work Profession and Practice Social Agency, Leadership and Management (October 10, 2018 )
- Area of Specialization ( October 12, 2018)
Master of Environment and Natural Resources Management
- General Field (October 19, 2018)
- Major Field (October 20, 2018)
Master of Public Management
- General Field (November 12, 2018)
- Public Policy and Program Administration (Novermber 14 , 2018)
- Local Government and Regional Administration (LGRA) and Voluntary Sector Management (VSM) (November 16, 2018)
Master of Arts in Nursing
- Content (January 10, 2019 )
- Methodology (January 12 , 2019)
Master of ASEAN Studies (January 11, 2019)