Maria Lourdes Turalde Jarabe, PhD
Faculty of Management and Development Studies
University of the Philippines Open University
- Women and gender development
- Participation and Community Development
- Family and community wellness
- Healing and resilience
M. Jarabe (2021). Building blocks to social connection: emotional wellness for parents and teachers. From breakdown to breakthrough e-book. Center for Peace Education.
Breaking the Glass Ceiling?: A Case Study of Challenges and Successes of Women Leadership Positions in the Philippine Technology Startup Ecosystem (PTSE),
This study is proposed together with aProf. Lloyd Lyndel Simporios (lead investigator), Dr. Finaflor Taylan, Dr. Joane Serrano, and collaborators from the International Business School, University of Lincoln.
Our Peaceful Classroom Vlog Series on Social Wellness for Parents and Teachers, 2020- 2021 as part of the Breakdown to Breakthrough project.
Gender Matters in Governance Work, sponsored by Plan International Philippines, March 16, 2022.
Speaker: Strengthening the GAD Focal Point System (GFPS), Universidad de Manila, September 12, 2022.
Lecture on the Psychosocial Dimensions of Aging for the Senior Citizen Organizations under the Council of Sectoral Representatives, Quezon City Development Council, September 13, 2022
Gender Sensitivity Training for the staff of the City Personnel Office, Office of the Mayor,City of Manila, November 9, 10, & 11, 2022.
Online Lecture, “Ala-GAD ng Bayan: UniTEd for A VAW-Free Philippines for the staff of the Consular Office – NCR West, Department of Foreign Affairs, December 2, 2022
Speaker at the Special Session: Gender Dimension in Public Education and Healing Through Distance Learning and Interventions, 7th National Conference on Open and Distance eLearning (NCODEL), 23-25, 2022.
SW 201: Social, Economic, Political Structures and Processes
SW 221: Clinical Social Work Practice 1
SW 222: Clinical Social Work Practice 2
SW 299.1: Social Work Research 1
WD 230: Women and Work
EDS 107: Gender and Education
Tambak ng Pandemya: Challenges of Garbage Collectors and their Views on the Interventions Conducted by the Local Government Unit,
Department of Mass Communication, College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences
Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
First Placer, Licensure Examination for Social Workers given by the Professional Regulation Commission, June 1997
Seventh Placer, Career Executive Service Written Examination given by the Career Executive Service Board, November 2018
- Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (July 10, 2019 to December 2019)
- Undersecretary, Department of Social Welfare and Development (July 1, 2016 to November 16, 2018)
- Alternate Chairperson, National Council on Disability Affairs (July 1, 2016 to November 16, 2018)
- Chairperson, National Service Training Program and Service-Learning Department, Miriam College (April 2015 – June 2016)
- Chairperson, Social Work Department, Miriam College (June 2011 – March 2013)
- Executive Director, Institutional Network for Social Action, Miriam College (June 2009 – March 2015)