Diploma in Research & Development Management
The Diploma in Research and Development (R&D) Management is a post-baccalaureate program primarily directed toward managerial leadership development. It prepares students to be professional managers of organizations/systems engaged in R&D and technology development and utilization. The DR&DM is designed to enhance knowledge and skills in planning R&D programs, developing and promoting technologies for utilization, and managing human and organizational relations in R&D systems.
The program aims to enable students to:
- Formulate and implement R&D strategies and programs;
- Apply new perspectives on R&D and on technology development, evaluation, promotion, and commercialization;
- Conceptualize and implement commercialization and technology utilization schemes; and
- Apply newly acquired skills in managing human and organizational relations in R&D systems.
Applicants must have a Bachelor of Science degree, research experience and/or a supervisory position.
Applicants can be admitted to the program through any of the following status:
- Regular admission: This means that the applicant has satisfied all of the requirements of the program.
- Probationary admission: This applies to an applicant who did not satisfy the academic requirements for admission to the program. The students can be re-classified as a regular student of the program after satisfying the set GWA for the required number of units/courses.
- Provisional admission: This refers to an applicant who met the minimum requirements but failed to submit all of the documents required for admission to the program.
Mode of Instruction
All subjects are offered online. The content (lessons) will be delivered via print, video, websites, or an online resource. Your teacher, called Faculty-in-Charge (FIC), will not do live lectures in the virtual classroom (called Myportal). You will be required to read modules, articles, and other online references. In some subjects, you will be asked to view some online videos.
One common learning activity is the online discussion forum. Students are also required to submit assignments, which could come in a variety of formats and types. In some subjects, you may also be asked to do some collaborative activities.
At the end of the semester, it is also customary for students to sit for a proctored final examination.
The Diploma in R&D Management consists of 24 units of course work, which may be completed in four semesters.
Program of Study
|Year||Semester 1||Number of Units||Semester 2||Number of Units|
|1||R&DM201||3 units||R&DM220||6 units|
|2||R&DM231||3 units||R&DM252||3 units|
|R&DM251||3 units||R&DM221||3 units|
For admission related details, please visit UPOU website.