This non-formal course aims to provide individuals with knowledge and skills in preparing and analyzing a business plan as well as in making business decisions.
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify, screen and select business ideas and opportunities;
- Define a business plan or a new enterprise plan and explain the importance of preparing it;
- Enumerate and describe the components of a new enterprise plan;
- Identify the information needed when preparing a new enterprise plan;
- Prepare a complete new enterprise plan based on a pre-screened and selected business idea; and
- Determine whether a business idea is worth pursuing based on the findings of the plan.
Course Delivery and Materials
The learning package includes print modules.
There are face-to-face study sessions as well as online discussions.
Individuals interested in taking the course must have a high school diploma, and proficiency in mathematics and reading and writing in English.
The course covers the following:
|Identifying and generating business ideas and opportunities
|Screening and selecting business ideas and opportunities
Introduction to new enterprise planning
- Objectives of new enterprise planning
- Parts of a new enterprise plan
- Limitations of a new enterprise plan
- Basic steps and tools in preparing a new enterprise plan
|The market plan
|The production/technical plan
|The financial plan
|The organization and management plan
|Socio-economic aspects of new enterprise planning
|Practicum - Actual preparation of the plan
|Presentation of the plan
Interested participants may register online using the Online Sign-up form, or visit the Faculty of Management and Development Studies, UPOU HQ, Los Baños, Laguna. Details of course offering will be emailed a month before the start of class. (This includes the admission form with the assessment of fees and payment procedures.)
Schedule of Course Offerings
For inquiries, please email FMDS @
or call us at (049) 536-6010.